Saturday, February 5, 2011

I chased a dream, didn't succeed, but I tried

My life revolves around chasing my dreams, and today, I chased another one. There was a casting call for a new segment on WXII12 news called "Girl Talk." That would have been my dream job to have my own segment! The judges were looking for someone with a great personality, which I figured I had. I waited in line for over two hours and finally got my chance in front of the judges.
I was bubbly and energetic, I thought it went well, but they sent me on my way.... I didn't make the cut. While it did hurt to get rejected, I know that I at least tried, and I also knew that over 500 people were auditioning. Therefore, I kept my head up and knew that it just wasn't meant to be. I'm sure it didn't work out because God has bigger plans for me. If I wouldn't have tried, I would have regretted it. I'm glad that I tried because I proved to myself that I go after what I want, and I was still able to be myself in an intimidating situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment