Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Keep it coming, God

Well, well, well... God has blessed me with something (someone) once again... and his name is Mark. :)
To be honest, I didn't really see this coming at all! Granted I was the one to text him first, but I never imagined things would develop as quickly as they have!
I worked with Mark at the newspaper, but when I met him, I was in a relationship at the time and even after my breakup, I was totally against the whole work flirting stuff; therefore, it was total friend zone.
And actually, as I've told him, I thought that's where it was going to stay... but God had plans otherwise I believe.
I don't mean to break down the entire story, but sometimes it's nice to reflect back on how things came about to really see where God was simply putting the pieces together.
So since I don't work at the newspaper anymore, I hadn't seen Mark in a while ... until I saw him again at the fall Martinsville Speedway race. We talked, laughed, caught up, whatever... we didn't think much about it.
But after that day, we hung out as a group and I got to know him a little more... and seeing his personality, I started remembering things that I learned about him before like that he was raised a Baptist (as had I), has conservative views (as do I) and other things that really stood out to me.
As I remembered those things, I thought, you know maybe this guy is at least worth getting to know... what do I have to lose, right?!
In the time that I was getting to know him, I really didn't think much about it, and didn't really think I was looking for another relationship... but the more we talked, and the more we hung out, and the more we just connected on a spiritual and personal level ... my thoughts changed.
He is such a great guy and the best part is that we are trying to develop a relationship where the foundation is God.
We try to pray together and go to church together... and we hope to keep that up.
I've never really had a relationship where God was placed first ... and I've always been told all my life that those kinds of relationships are the ones that God will bless the most... so we shall see.
I feel like God has placed Mark into my life for many reasons... and one of those reasons could be that God sees that we could possibly walk closer to Him by having each other.
I don't know what God has in store for this relationship and I'm not trying to read much into it... but all I can say is "Thank You, God ... Keep it coming." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment