Friday, November 2, 2012

It's been a while...

Well it has certainly been a while since I updated my blog... and boy has my life changed since that last post....
Since my last post, I have experienced my first true breakup... was not easy, but I think I'm finally coming to grips with it.. even though it has been a few months...
Now, I'm starting to see that the breakup was needed because since then, so many things have opened up in my life and so many good changes have come about.
God has a plan for me and I truly believe that...
Since the breakup, I have found a new job as an admissions counselor at the college I graduated from! The job obviously pays more and also gives me the chance to help others succeed in their dream to attend college and better themselves... and that means so much to me to be able to that.
In every job I do, I want to make an impact on someone's life. This job I feel will help me to impact more people's lives. Working in newspaper, I never felt like I was making a difference and helping others and I dreamed of having a job that would allow me to do so ... and now I have it!
Also in the last few months, I have gotten my own place.. which has helped me to appreciate all the little things that my mom had to do on a daily basis.. because now I'm having to do everything for myself! And doing things for myself is sooo rewarding too!
I'm only 21 years old and I feel that I have positioned myself well in life.. and the feeling of "having made it" is so fulfilling. Granted no one is ever truly happy, but that is the mystery in life and the drive in life, is to keep chugging along until you at least get to the point where you're temporarily satisfied.
In the past few months, I have realized that things can't always go my way, especially when it involves someone else. And that is the true realization is that things that I can control in my life and that are in my hands, it goes my way.
Like with my new job, granted I couldn't control whether I got the job or not, but I could control the impression I left to ensure that they could possibly look at me as a potential employee.
Relationships are out of my control... and that's the one thing I struggle with.
I could blame myself for the downfall or whatever, but I'm not going to... because the bottom line is that it's something I can't control... the things I can control, I'm good at succeeding in them, so stick to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment