Saturday, January 29, 2011

Princess Ashley

In high school, I wasn't popular at all. I was the shy, smart, quiet girl that people liked, but didn't invite to parties. I was never popular enough to be voted as Homecoming Princess back then. Therefore, this year at Averett, I wanted to try to live out what I couldn't before.
Since here you don't have to be nominated, it helped my chances. I filled out the paperwork, turned it in, and waited to see how the voting went.
There was a slight mix-up at first because I thought since I am a senior that I would be running for Homecoming Queen, but I didn't have enough credits so I had to run for Homecoming Princess. I was a little bummed, but I got over it. There were more girls running for princess so the odds were not looking good. I wanted to win so bad because in my mind, I wanted to make up for the missed chance in high school.
Well, the big day came. I had to work in the press box that day so I had access to the list of winners. Someone told me not to peek, but the suspense was killing me. I picked the sheet up and beside homecoming princess said my name. I started jumping up and down and teared up once again. I couldn't believe that my moment had finally came!
Once we went down on the football field, I already knew, which took some of the shock out of the announcement, but the moment was still amazing. I really didn't think I was going to win, but I still held on to that hope that anything is possible, and my DREAM CAME TRUE.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I think you need a photo session with your tiara--done!
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete